Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Very Special Gift






This year I received a very special gift. It was something I have been wanting for a very long time but I could never find exactly what I wanted. It was hard to describe to any one. I just knew that I would know it was the right one when I saw it. Emily had been with me on several occasions over the years and would ask " Do you like that one?" and I would say "It's alright but it's not the one I really want. " Well, this year I got the right one, the one I wanted- to my surprise. My daughters hand painted me the MOST BEAUTIFUL NATIVITY SET that I have ever seen! It is perfect!

3 comments:

Bryson said...

Momma and Auntie worked very hard on Gramme's Nativity set. The best part was not only seeing Gramme's face but also I got to stay with Gramme and Grandpa several times while momma and Auntie were working on it. I love my Gramme and Grandpa. Grandpa knew what Gramme was getting and he kept a secret. Gramme couldn't imagine how much my momma was buying for Christmas.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift from you girls Gayle. I have always liked Nativity scenes and have collected them over the years in all sizes. The first one was a gift from a woman in our old church many years ago. She had made them and fired them in a kiln. It is a small set and reminds me of precious moments stuff but isn't that. Looks like you had a great time. We have had our time in stages. Some on 24th with Tami, some on 25th with Donna and tonight, the 29th we shall have our Stocking Nite. It's kind of fun that way :-) Have you heard when Greg is to have his surgery? More later as I am in the middle of making soups for our nite but I wanted to get this off before I started. Love to you all, Aunt Barbara (Uncle Del's surgery is on the 13th of January at 9:30 a.m.

Ms. Woods said...

Mom,
I'm so glad you like your nativity set. Emily and I had a great time making it for you, and the look on your face when you opened your eyes was worth every hour we spent on it.

Love you!