Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Cleaners Fired Me

It all started a week ago when I brought Gerald's shirts home from the cleaners. I Don't Iron....Until I retire and then I will. They were wrinkled in places. Not a real big deal but with the price I am paying I want perfection. So I called my cleaners and he said to bring them in and he would fix them..........Are you kidding me............I am not bring 20 shirts back in....I will bring one. So, I go up there today and he says "Oh Oh are they (who is they) crazy, Oh oh this it not right". I agreed with him and showed him how much I paid and he just looked at me. I was picking up more shirts so I told him I didn't think I should have to pay for them and he nicely said ok. When I proceed to give him more shirts he said " NO No you take somewhere else, I can't please you".

I really didn't want to find a new cleaners.

10 comments:

Bryson's Momma said...

That is just too funny!

Anonymous said...

Well, I must say he really isn't a very good business man. Too bad! It is hard to find a reliable cleaning establishment tho. We've had the same one for years and they changed the people they sent Laundry out to and Del's shirts started coming back poorly ironed or the necks were not clean so I pointed it out. This went on for awhile & I'd bring stuff back. The last straw was them loosing one of Del's good shirts I had just bought. They changed the outsource and things have been a LOT better. I was glad the owner was such a sweetheart to deal with. She was glad we didn't give her any more problems then she already had. We enjoyed all the pictures from Greg's birthday. We shall show then to Aunt Alta & Nick on Thanksgiving as they are coming over here to be with us. Enjoy the Lord's bounty next week. Love you, Aunt Barbara Oh, congrats to Angela.

Menopausal New Mom said...

What a frustration. I hate ironing too and I'm lucky my hubby doesn't mind letting his body heat coax the wrinkles out in his shirts!

Lee said...

Your dry cleaners fired you...that's classic!! Sorry to hear that...seriously...sorry. Following you!!

2sunset said...

Oh man! It sounds like he let the air out of your sails. Hang in there.
p.s. Bryson is a cutie-patootie

adrienzgirl said...

My cleaner always says, "Oh, yes, I fix fo' you." (insert Asian accent)

I don't do laundry, the hubs does. Seriously, not only do I NOT iron, but I do not do laundry period.

I would be in trouble if either one of them fired me.

G said...

ahahaha that is the ultimate rejection. I can't please you.

Ms. Woods said...

OMG! That is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Your dry cleaner fired you! I would have said, "No, you can please me. Don't charge me for these shirts, and please iron my shirts without wrinkles. See.. it's very easy to please me!" What a nut. He AGREED with you that the shirts were badly ironed, UNTIL you wanted the next ones for free! What did you say? I would have flipped out!! But the way you describe it here is just hilarious!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the funniest stories I have ever heard.

Bryson's Momma said...

too funny! (ROFL) Only you can be fired from the cleaners. Sean said, "They can fire you". I said yes, they tell you not to come back.